Frequently Asked Questions
Why are we doing this?
We see enormous potential in the humanitarian leaders of today and specifically the youth, especially in responding to some of the most pressing challenges of our times. Investing in the competencies of both is essential to ensure the sustainability and long-term focus of the life-saving impact. We are making sure that learning opportunities are available to people and organizations who need it the most to facilitate crucial and complex responses to crises.
We are also directly supporting leaders on the ground in their response to the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine by sharing best practices and designing needs-based, custom workshops for them, ranging from crisis management and communication in emergency, to navigating and managing complexity and team-building for effective humanitarian response.
According to our estimates, we can create a space for hundreds of leaders a week in the coming months, as the crisis is deepening. We believe the impact of this, in the short- and long-term, will be unparalleled and the leaders will have the capacity to transform lives all over the world.
Our team has trained thousands of people from governmental and nonprofit organizations to community centers, educational organizations, and districts. We have designed, developed, and conducted customized change management, humanitarian leadership, negotiation, conflict management, peacebuilding, mediation, education, and human rights-specific skill-based seminars, workshops, conferences, courses, and programs, all of which are people-centered and through participatory methodologies.
We have been supporting thousands of leaders worldwide by providing them with skills and technical knowledge, as they serve humanity on the frontlines in the most complex emergencies and high threat environments. Through years of listening to their insights and experiences, we gathered the most crucial skills and themes for leaders and their teams that work with vulnerable populations impacted by the numerous crises all over the world.
That’s why we are launching Lead for Impact: Public Series, to create strong support systems and deep learning experiences for leaders and teams working in humanitarian crises on the ground.
General events info:
- • Our intention is to create safe spaces for people to share deeply held values and experiences, and be open to learn collectively. That’s why the maximum number of participants is 12.
- • The sessions will be conducted in an online format via Zoom - we recommend downloading the Zoom app on your computer/tablet/phone beforehand to avoid joining late, as the beginnings are very important for the whole session.
- • Sessions will NOT be recorded and shared with participants, because of the personal nature of learning and confidentiality of information.
- • Participants will be provided with a workbook with all necessary information before the training which will include key learning points and practical exercises following the workshop.
- • We are open to feedback! At the end of the workshop we will provide you with a link to a survey in which you could tell us about your experience - we are committed to making necessary adjustments to make the sessions ever more exceptional.
- • The sessions will be facilitated in English (unless otherwise requested by a group of 10 and more).
How we all thoughtfully participate in events:
- • We respect each others’ experiences, views and opinions.
- • We listen and reflect.
- • We test inferences and assumptions for understanding.
- • We are open-minded.
- • We keep our cameras on - for deeper connection and putting a human face to the brilliant things you all have to share!
What does the registration process look like for the Lead for Impact Public Series?
Go to the “Events” tab on the top of our website. There you can pick an upcoming session that you’d like to participate in. You can enter the registration by clicking on a “Register” button in a specific session tab, which will take you to a new page, in which you will have 1) a Google Form to fill in and submit, 2) a PayPal link to make a payment after submitting the form. It is NECESSARY to complete both steps to be registered for the workshop. Once your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email.
How do I join the workshop?
As of now, the sessions will take place virtually via Zoom to accommodate our global audience. 24 hours before the scheduled session you will receive an email with the link to join the Zoom call, which we invite you to join a few minutes before to settle in.
At the workshop, you will receive a workbook with key information and protocols that will support the learning and will be available for your reflection after we conclude the session.
How will the proceedings from workshops support the organizations working with people suffering from the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine?
The profits from workshops will be directly transferred to a fund from which at the end of the month we will use 100% of the funds to organize support for organizations working in response to the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine in two forms: 1) by organizing customized leadership in humanitarian crises workshops responding in a personalized way to needs of a given organization , aimed at strengthening their response capacity, 2) by donating funds directly to selected organizations for strengthening their response capacity. For transparency, all financial statements will be made available per request from the public.
Events cancellation policy:
- • You can cancel your registration up to 48 hours before the session for no additional cost and your initial payment will be returned to you
- • If you cancel your registration less than 48 hours before the session, 50% of the registration fee will be kept and donated directly to the organizations working on the ground to support refugees from Ukraine
Why is 50% of the fee being kept despite cancellation?
In this crucial time we believe it’s absolutely necessary to show solidarity and support for people suffering in the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. As late cancellation makes it difficult for another person to sign up for the workshop, while understanding that unexpected things may happen, we want to maintain our commitment to support the humanitarian workers on the ground. That’s why 50% of the fee will be sent for strengthening the response capacity of selected organizations working with people affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.
Do you deliver your training in English only?
Yes, the training is available in English as of now. We are currently working on adding French, Polish and German to our offer and we hope to launch it in April.
I still have some more questions.
No problem! Just contact us